Updated: Jan 10
The model S.B.I. Situation, Behaviour, Impact is a framework that is super useful for linking the situation/behaviour, to the undesirable impact the behaviour caused.
· Situation – describe the specific situation, including where and where it took place
· Behaviour – describe the specific behavior you observed
· Impact – highlight the impact of that BEHAVIOUR on you and your team
S.B.I minimizes ramble, (we can sometimes ramble) keeps you focused on what needs to be changed.
Put in mind Useful Intentions Feedback.
· Be kind and direct
· Be mindfully present - remain present and focus (don’t have your phone on the desk, or laptop opened)
The objective to feedback
· Is to have your feedback heard & internalise by the other person so it has a positive IMPACT to their performance
· Be alert to their body language
· Does this feedback make sense to you?
· How can you benefit from the suggestions I’ve offered?
· If you were to put what I have just told you, in your own words how would you say it?
These are a few things you can do to help you be a better manager with your feedback.
It can be stressful, but with this model if will defiantly alleviate that stress.
There are many more things we can do, so if you are wanting a session, drop me an email, firstname.lastname@example.org whats app, +60163841466 or call me.